Thursday 3 April 2014

In Pictures: My March Adventures

Now I don't know about you but when I come across a new blog one of the first things I do is scroll through the last few months of posts and check out what that blogger has been up to and what they've been writing about. Most of the time I am pleased with what I find...but if I was to stumble upon this blog on my internet travels I wouldn't be too impressed. They say that first impressions are formed in just one tenth of a second (I can't even imagine how quick that is!) so anyone that stumbles upon my blog now isn't going to have much to go on. Before this post my blog was an empty shell; it would be like someone meeting you for the first time when you've just woken up, your brain's not engaged and your face hasn't met Mr Make Up Bag. To give you a better idea of me I thought I would sum up a months worth of activity in one post. Yes, this involved me clicking straight into the photos folder of my trusty iPhone and scrolling back through the month of March, and as it turned out it was rather an eventful one.... Here we go!


Yes don't adjust your monitors that is Andi Peters circa 1995... and that is me next to him. On the first day of March I had the pleasure of appearing as a contestant on the new ITV1 game show "Ejector Seat" and it really is as crazy as it sounds! 6 contestants, 6 glorified arm chairs and the threat of being flipped up in your chair if you get too many questions wrong! I can't say how I did as it hasn't graced the screens yet but when I find out its exact air date (I know it will be sometime in May or June) you will be the first to know! I for one can't wait to see it mainly just to find out if they edited out some of my more stupid comments or if I'm subject to bullying for the rest of the year particularly about a very expensive pair of sandals...
PS. I had to blur the background as we're standing in front of the set, and posting that online before the show has aired would be frowned upon.  


On the 6th of March it was World Book Day (I had written "here in the UK" then realised it's called World Book Day...DUH!) Anyway, the only memories I have of participating in World Book Day at school are:

1. I was four, my mum dressed me up as Little Red Riding Hood. I got to school and found another girl in my class had had the same idea... only her cape was made of velvet ooh er...my mum made a remark about how she looked more like Santa to make me feel better.

2. I was ten, I decided to dress up as The Little Match Girl (who?!) and walked to school wearing a rag of a dress and with an old net curtain draped around my shoulders. Obviously I couldn't take actual matches to school so I cut the sharp ends off some cocktail sticks (which didn't really help reduce the amount of sharp bits!) and took those. I'm surprised no one stopped to check I was ok.

Anyway, a couple of weeks before this year's World Book Day my boyfriend Mitch's sister called upon me to create her four year old daughter's fancy dress outfit. As it would be her first ever one as she's only just started school I had to do her proud.
If you didn't know I love owls so naturally it had to be Hedwig. I promptly gathered the materials I needed including three fleece blankets from Primark and a white feather boa from eBay and set to work. I transformed a novelty rabbit hat into a novelty owl hat using felt, glue and feathers and made some wings using different layers of felt. I cut the feather boa into strips which I attached to a white top and used what was left of the boa after I had massacred it (and made it look like I had murdered a duck in Mitch's bedroom) to make some feathery anklets. Finally I created a little envelope out of felt complete with Harry's address. (Mitch pointed out that Hedwig wouldn't have delivered mail to Privet Drive but 4 year olds can barely read so I thanked him for his input and continued on my way.)
She absolutely loved it and looked adorable. I now need to think of something to top it next year!


The sun popped his head out briefly in the middle of the month so we headed to a lovely village nearby called Marlow and fed the ducks. Mitch has two nieces, his youngest one (not Hedwig) was more interested in eating the bread than throwing it to the ducks!


The following weekend Mitch went car shopping and I popped into London to explore the Ideal Home Show with my two best girl friends Laura and Becka and Laura's friend Rachel. I had never been before but it was a good day out though not quite what I was expecting. There was a lot of things for homes (including owl ornaments so I was happy!) but there was also a HUGE section dedicated to food. (i'm not complaining) We got to try lots of samples including alcoholic ones (after being ID'd!) and I had an argument with a man who was selling a a little device to convert a can into a bottle. I said I had no use for one as I rarely drink fizzy drinks and he said he would invent canned water so I could use one...riiiight.


I have been trying really hard to curb my spending on beauty products recently and by looking at this photo you would think that I had totally failed...WRONG! 
I had picked up a few tubes of Soap & Glory's Sit Tight from eBay after hearing good things and hoping to improve the appearance of my thighs for bikini time in June. I had only been using it for a few days when I spotted it in Boots reduced from £16.50 to £8.25. Not only that but there was a 3 for 2 offer going on so I picked up three boxes and trotted off to the till. She scanned them through and the total came to £8.24...they were actually half price again to £4.12 AND the 3 for 2 worked on top. I ran back and grabbed SIX more boxes... with a 300 extra points coupon for my Boots card they worked out at about £2 each...but everyone in Boots does now think my bum and thighs have major issues. Who cares, I absolutely love a bargain and after giving my mum some to try out she is hooked too so I don't think it will take that long to get through it all! 
I will post a detailed review once I have been using it for a month or so as right now I love the tingly feeling it leaves when I put it on my skin and it definitely feels like it's doing something but whether I can actually see a difference remains to be seen.


I'll round off this post with a foody picture. How amazing is that giant chocolate eclair!? March ended with Mother's Day so my family went out for a lovely meal at a local country pub/restuarant. I love eating out and as i'm saving to move out I eat out a lot less than I used to but there will still be plenty of foody posts, mostly puddings, as they're my favourite.

If you made it to the end of this post, congratulations! I know it is a pretty mammoth one but hopefully it gave you a little insight into my world. If you enjoyed what you read please make my day by leaving a comment/following my blog/both of these.

Abbie x

Follow my blog with Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment